Canton, Michigan

Last August we hired Lucas Nursery and Landscaping to remove 3 evergreens from our backyard and replace them with new plantings. A design plan was drawn up and the work took place within a few days.

The replacement consisted of planting 15 large arborvitae which Bob Lucas said were premium stock from his company. In September, we called Lucas Nursery and told them 12 shrubs were obviously dying. Bob was not available to speak with us but the woman from the Nursery said we were probably over-watering them. In October, the shrubs were looking worse so we called Lucas Nursery again and spoke to Bob, asking him to come look at the shrubs. He refused to come out, saying we were probably not watering them enough. His told us to just call him in the Spring because the shrubs had a one-year replacement warranty. Although we would be required to pay for labor to plant new shrubs.

Spring came and now all 15 shrubs are dead (see photo). We called Lucas Nursery again, but had to leave a message because no one answered the phone. We explained the situation and asked to have Bob return our call. Not surprisingly, we've received no response. We spent $10,000 on this landscaping project of which the most prominent feature is 15 large dead trees. When our friends and neighbors ask what's with the orange shrubs, we explain what happened and make a point to tell them never to do business with Lucas Nursery and Landscaping.

Review about: Lucas Nursery And Landscaping Lawn Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Lucas Nursery And Landscaping?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion